Re: multithreading problem.

>I guess I am going to give the second approach a try. A simple pipe should
>do the job but is there any message system in gtk/glib/gdk that
>should be used (user defined signals ?) ?

no, there isn't. just use gtk_input_add, or these days, g_input_add or
whatever its called, so that you can monitor the pipe from the GUI
main event loop. you have a choice of delivering entire messages via
the pipe, or just a single byte to tell the GUI thread to look at a
message queue. which one works better depends on the other design
goals of your program.

--p