gtk_widget_add_events and GtkDrawingArea

Hi,

How do I use gtk_widget_add_events and GtkDrawingArea ? The
GtkDrawingArea pointer is unknown in the main loop of a program created
with Glade ? I need to let GtkDrawingArea catch mouse clicks.

I have about 3 different GtkDrawingArea's in my application and each of
them needs to respond to mouse clicks. I have added the necessary
callbacks, but they do not respond. How do Iget apointer to
GtkDrawingArea in the main section of the application ?

Best regards,

Peter