Getting two signals for one key

Hi all,

I have an menuitem with an associated accelerator group and another widget which reacts to key press signals.
In some cases when the the other widget has the focus _both_ get a signal for one key.
For example if I press Ctrl+F4, gtk fires the accelerator signal and then a normal keypress+release event is fired to the focused widget.
But I want _only_ the accelerator signal.
Of course I can check everytime a keypress event is fired if an active accelerator is bound to this key, but I hope the gtk can do this for me.

So,
How can I avoid the key-press/release signals, if there is an accelerator for the key?

thx in advance,
Mattias Gaertner