Re: drawing a bitmap in a window with gdk_draw_rgb_image

Hi,

Peter Van Osta <pvosta unionbio-eu com> writes:

> I have used glade to build an application in which I want to use 4 color
> RGB images throughout the entire application. I have taken a look at an
> example on the web (see below), but I run into trouble when I want to
> "share" the variables over "main.c" and "callback.c".

you can pass the buffer address to the expose callback as user_data:

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (darea), "expose-event",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (on_darea_expose), rgbbuf);

> I have also ran into trouble when I tried to connect event handlers to
> GdkImage (GTK 1.2), they don't seem to respond so I had to use an
> "eventbox" ? I suppose GdkImage was the right widget to use to draw the
> bitmaps in ?

GdkImage is not a widget, you'll probably want to use a GtkDrawingArea.
The example code you've posted does exactly that.

Salut, Sven