Re: GTK+-2.0, Gnome 2

one thing that used to happen to me when i was using framebuffer consoles + nvidia X is that it would lock up, and since i lived in the dorm i could just go to my roommates computer and login to either reboot or kill & restart X. after those episodes, unfortunately, my text consoles would be unusable. but logging in from another computer, if possible, is something that you could try.