Please Document GtkTreeView

Hi,

I want to port a database application from java to c/c++/gtk+ which
heavily uses JTables, whose counterpart in gtk+ seem to be GtkTreeViews.

These Tables are editable, so when the user changes a CheckButton in the
Table then the changes are taken into the underlaying data in the
programs memory as well as into the database. Same for text.

My first steps in trying to get a GtkTreeView work were somewhat
successful as long as I just displayed data statically.

Then I tried to make the TreeView editable. The tutorial says _nothing_
about the TreeView, and the reference says nothing about making it
_editable_. The only things I found were the properties "editable" of
the TextRenderer and "activatable" of the ToggleRenderer. Setting a
ToggleRenderer onto "activatable" has no effect, and setting a
TextRenderer to "editable" makes it editable, but when finishing editing
changes made are discarded.

Please, if you want to open gtk+ for a wider community and not just
gnome hackers, you _must_ document it. The reference guide reads just
like a source file. The tutorial ends just after the most trivial tasks.

In the meantime I would appreciate if you could tell me how to implement
the above problem.

Regards, Dominik