Re: Tree in GTK

Arno wrote:

In fact, I don't know if I must use GTK 1.2 or 2.0. Could you give me your opinion because it's a litle important project for me and it's possible that people use it when it's finished. So I don't know what version use because GTK 2 is the future but many people have only GTK 1.2.

Thank you for GtkTreeView I go to see it now.

I would strongly recommend GTK+ 2.0. The GtkTreeView does exactly what
you want (judging by the ethereal GUI screenshot). Having used the MVC
widgets in Java Swing, I was a little bit apprehensive about the plans
to use the same paradigm in GTK+ 2.0. However, the GTK+ authors have to
be applauded for a brilliant API that makes GUI construction enjoyable
rather than a chore.

My only gripe about GTK+ 2.0 (and I could just be in ignorance about the
way to do this), is that on low spec systems I would like to omit Pango
and atk. Is there a way to do this? Obviously I lose all the great
Pango features, but on the systems concerned only western text needs to
be displayed.

Chris

--
chris wareham iosystems co uk (work)