Re: conflicting types?

Hi,

Vahid Zahiri <v_zahiri yahoo com> writes:

>  when i use "#include <gdk/gdkx.h>" and compile
>   my program,i get this error :
>
>  /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h:291: conflicting types for
> `Screen'
> /usr/local/dx/include/dx/object.h:44: previous
> declaration of `Screen'

both libraries violate the principle of sticking to
a well-defined namespace in their public header files.

>  i need use dx libs.
>  how can i solve it?

I'd suggest to change one of the libraries. Changing X11
is probably not an issue but perhaps the dx developers
can be persuaded to clean up their headers?

It that is not possible you could try to get away with
undefining Screen after you've included X11 and before you
include the dx header (or the other way around). If you
are happy you don't need the Screen definition from both
and will it work.

Salut, Sven