add a filter on a GtkFileSelection

Hi, Is posible add a file filter before show files on the file_list CList
widget on a GtkFileSelection ?

I wish , show only centaing files , (independent of the extension, first
load data from de file and verifiing that is a correct file for my
application, and list them after ).

It could be a good idea, add in next Gtk versions, a
gtk_file_selection_filter_list(GList *filelist);
function or a "file-listed" signal callback. So each aplicaction can show only
the desired file formats, in a easy way.

Thanks .

--
Toni Moreno Giménez