Re: Difficulties in using GTK from Emacs

Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> writes:

> It might be important to explain this more explicitly in the
> documentation.  If there are already solutions to some of the
> problems Jan encountered, I think they should be documented too.
> Can you do that?

Sure, I do my best to work on GTK documentation. We are getting better
all the time.

>     (BTW, wm_save_yourself is an old deprecated feature as of the 1994 SM
>     specification, so Emacs should really be thinking about using the
>     "new" (8-year-old) spec instead...)
>
> We probably should.  Since you are familiar with this, could you
> possibly send me the new spec (or the relevant part of it)?

You probably have it on your system; the two files are
"SMlib.PS.gz" and "xsmp.PS.gz" - usually in a package called
XFree86-docs or xbooks or something.

There are links to download these at
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/

Havoc