Re: Re :Re: How can i play MP3?

> Thanks for your help.
> But if i want, when user clicked on button
> play a Little sound like <dang> or ...,(not Beep)
> how can do this?
>
> Is it possible play .wav file?

this is not the correct list to ask these questions. GTK is a toolkit
for constructing the visual portions of graphical user interfaces. It
does not contain, and will never contain, functions for audio playback
(let alone capture). GNOME, which is a desktop environment (i.e. a lot
more than a GUI toolkit) contains some functions to play an audiofile
(of which ".wav" is one sample format). There are other ways too (such
as the use of system(2) or fork(2) and exec(2) to run a separate
program that can play the sound). Questions about such techniques
belong on a general Unix/POSIX programming list, not on one focused on
GTK. You are not the first user to ask about this here, and I'm sure
you won't be the last, alas.

In addition, there are people (such as myself) who consider what you
are trying to do to be a serious user interface design error, but I
won't get into that.

--p