Re: Difficulties in using GTK from Emacs

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 08:38:44PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Jan Djarv mbox200 swipnet se, who is trying to make Emacs use GTK 1.2
> as an alternative to the other toolkits it now supports, has
> encountered some aspects that are painful to use or seem to require
> major changes in Emacs.

<snip>

I don't know if this will help for the problems mentioned.

John Harper (author of rep, rep-gtk, and sawfish) wrote an emacs-like
editor called Jade which can be built to use gtk 1.2.
Its website is here:

  http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/~john/sw/jade/index.html

I've found it very useful from time to time for quick prototypes of Gtk
gui and I would be delighted to use my regular editor, Emacs, for the same.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan