gtk_file_selection_new

Hi all,

I'm trying to modify a gtk program which uses a file selection
widget.(gtk_file_selection_new) I have maybe 3 hours of experience looking at gtk code so I'm fairly clueless. What I am trying to do is to limit the user to just one directory where he can open from or save files to.

I've managed to get rid of the default fileop buttons but seem
unable to get rid of the directory selection "combo box" or whatever
it is.  I figure if I can get rid of that then I can just make sure
what the user types in the file selection text field is limited to
the directory I want him limited to.  Or if I can't get rid of it,
then have the list of directories he can select limited to one.  But
all the things I have tried have been unsuccessful...

Is there a way to do this without having to create a file selection
box from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please reply to me directly as I am not a member of this list.

Chip