Re: Pango and wrapping

Jason Tackaberry <tack auc ca> writes:
> I am calling set_width on a Pango layout in order to force wrapping
> within a specific boundary.  What I want, however, is something of a
> combination of PANGO_WRAP_WORD and PANGO_WRAP_CHAR.  That is, wrap by
> word if you can, but if a word boundary doesn't fall within the
> specified width, wrap by char.  The way it is now, it lets the long line
> spill out of the frame.
>
> Any way around this?

Possibly it's a bug and WRAP_WORD should behave that way; you could
file a bugzilla report to see if Owen thinks so.

Otherwise, no, no way around it until 2.2 when we could add
a PANGO_WRAP_WORD_WITH_FALLBACK or something. You'd want a bug about
that too.

So, short answer, http://bugzilla.gnome.org, say what you want to do,
someone will figure out how/when it should be made available. ;-)

Havoc