Any toy code showing use of fork & pipes & GTK+ together anywhere? (e.g. real time EKG simulation!!!)

This list is giving me great advice on lots of stuff
but I am nowhere near some of the GTK+ gods on this
list and won't be for a long time if ever.

Does anyone know of any sample GTK+ programs that
fork off a data generating program and then collect
that data with pipes to affect GUI????

e.g. Imagine simulating an EKG for a hospital in GTK+.
The EKG object would keep getting data from a patient's
heart and we would need to read it and update a plot
of that data constantly.

Similarly, one could simulate a tape that kept
blaring stock quotes across it.  There would
be a forked process that read stock data and
GUI would read it as an event.

Chris

| Dr. Christian Seberino  || (619) 553-7940  (office) |
| SPAWARSYSCEN 2363       || (619) 553-2836  (fax)    |
| 53560 HULL ST           ||                          |
| SAN DIEGO CA 92152-5001 || seberino spawar navy mil |