Re: timer inside timer

>I make an aplication that in some time uses timer to call some function
>in regular time interval, but inside this function I add other
>gtk_timeout_add with few milliseconds, but the callback function never
>is called;

on most linux systems, there is no timer available with a resolution
of less than 20msecs, so forget trying to accomplish things on this
timescale with regular timing mechanisms. there are ways to do it, but
unless you're writing an essentially real-time program, you almost
certainly don't want to go there.

>Is it forbidden to put gtk_timeout_add inside a callback gtk_timeout_add
>function ? If true, how to make the system wait another time interval in
>this situation ?

its not forbidden to do this. however, you should probably explain a
bit more about what you're trying to do before anyone tries to provide
you with an answer, since your goals will shape the answer quite a
bit.

--p