Re: how to disable alt keys in gtk application

I've done something similar with skipstone, which is also a
mozilla-based browser, but with a much simpler interface and thus easier
to hack.  I just turned off various widgets in the ui and was able to
control everything.

I made the url box insensitive, so you can't go to a different page,
removed all entries from the menus that would allow navigation other
than link-following, disabled the context-menus of the gecko engine.
Basically, since it's all straight gtk, instead of gnome-based,
skipstone is far easier to customize into kiosk mode.  (galeon is quite
overkill).

Contact me if you want to have a copy of my code.  Also download the
real version (search freshmeat) and you'll see that the interface code
is well separated, and it's not hard at all to make a nice kiosk out of
it.

Having said that, the galeon developers (and skipstone too) might
consider allowing some form of control over function through a system
config file.  That way we could just put galeon or skipstone in kiosk
mode and have it locked down without any special programming.  I think
there would be significant demand for this for internet kiosks, etc.

Michael