Regarding activating window.

Hi,

Is there a way to activate an executable which is already running. I use
3 buttons to launch 3 applications. I am using the system function to do
that. Since the system function doesn't come out before the executable
finishes, I am running them as background jobs in system. So when I
press each button, every time a new instance of that executable comes up
and the older ones remain behind. I don't the button to launch new
instance of executable every time. first time I press a button, It
should launch the application(executable), next time I press the same
button, It should just bring the executable already running front ie.
activate that executable instead of launching a new instance of that .
How can I do this ??

Thanks in Advance,
Jyothi.