Re: Regarding Displaying pixmap

Jyothi wrote:

> I have a problem in displaying the drawing area.  I create a window and
> in that I create a Drawing area and put it in a box and then In that
> Drawing area I am drawing some rectangles .
> Finally I call gtk_widget_show_all(
> GTK_WIDGET( Window ) ). Only the Window is coming up but the rectangles
> are not coming up.

Hi Jyothi, this is not the way drawing works in gtk. You need to wait
for an expose event, and then repaint just that part of your window.

Take a look at the scribble example:

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-thedrawingareawidget.html

John

Renaissance Autumn at the National Gallery
A season of exhibitions, displays and events with a Renaissance theme.

Pisanello: Painter to the Renaissance Court (24 October - 13 January 2002)

For information and tickets:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/what/news/ren_autumn.htm