RE: drawing area and expose event

Hi,

>  Then I  attached an "expose-event"  to the drawing area and in the callback I put >the same
>  function(drawing fuction) and  it draws properly .
>  Do we always need to attach the expose event to the drawing area to draw >anything on it .
>  Is there any other way where I can force the drawing .

i also did something similar, and the only way it worked was connecting to
expose-event, i think that it is always necessary to do that because the area is only
showed when gtk_main_init starts, so when you try to paint on the area before that
you are painting on something that does not exist... so in order to it happear, it is
only painted when the drawing-area is exposed.

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong...

Afonso