GTK_TYPE_BOXED

I'm attempting to port some gtk+-1.2 widgets to 2.0 (1.3.13 actually)
and I'm running into a problem with an object that is derived from
a GTK_TYPE_BOXED type.  This seems to cause a segfault in the g_type
system.

I found some mention of this in the some of the list archives, but I
couldn't
figure what the resolution was.

Is it an O.K. thing to derive objects from GTK_TYPE_BOXED and expect it
work with the new g_type system?

Sorry for being so vague, but I'm on the fuzzy frontier of the
understanding
of my own problem... :)

Thanks,

Ralph Walden