Re: GTK and non-monospace fonts

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Bartosz "Neron" Leper wrote:

 Hi,

> >  Hi,
> >
> >  That was a bug in gdk fixed personally by me - the standard gtk-1.2.10
> > already contains the fix - so please upgrade your gtk to version 1.2.10.
> >
> >  Best regards,
> >   -Vlad
>
> Thanks a lot. That was quite easy. I have downloaded and installed version
> 1.2.10 and my own programs are now OK. But is there any chance to "patch" my
> pre-compiled applications somehow without recompiling all of them? I have no
> sources and no time to download them all.

 No, you don't have to recompile all applications that use gtk in order to
get fixed behaviour - because they don't include gtk's code, they just link
dynamically with gtk. All you have to do is to install updated gtk package to
the standard locations where all programs expect it (it seems that just
downloading and installing RPM with gtk-1.2.10 from Mandrake distribiution
should be a solution).

 Best regards,
  -Vlad