Re: bug/missing feature in gtk2

Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net> writes:

> On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 15:36, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > I'd say it's a "known limitation" rather than either a bug or missing feature.
> > I doubt we'll fix it in the context of GtkOpttionMenu, but if you
> > want to file a bug report on the issue on bugzilla.gnome.org that will
> > remind us to look at the issue of Icon/Text combination items for the
> > new combo/option menu widget that is scheduled to be done for GTK+-2.2.
>
> I filed it on bugzilla, hope it'll be fixed one day. But if I understand
> you correctly, there's little chance that it'll be "fixed" for Gtk+-2.0?

To change GtkImageMenuitem to make the image/label pair, instead of the label
GTK_BIN(item)->child would be an API change and we are completely API frozen
at this point.

So, it's "just the way it works"

(we could hack GtkOptionMenu to do something special for
GtkImageMenuItem... but it would a reasonable amount of ugly code.)

Regards,
                                        Owen