Re: gtk config

ops!
I answered this one , but didn't reply to the group... my solution was
kind of old school, and Chris made it with RPM's, i hope someone else's
find this helpful.

OK
SALUDOS!!!
rtriay
:)
--- Begin Message ---
O.K. so you're suppoused to have the version of GTK that comes with the
default instalation of Mandrake 8.1, so what you have to do is exactly
what the message says: check the content of the '.bashrc' file in your
home path (/home/rtriay in my case) with any text editor and check if
the path to the file 'gtk-config' is in the PATH environment variable (a
line that looks exactly like the MSDOS one
PATH=<path1>:<path2>:...:<pathN> , how to know where this 'gtk-config'
file is? well issue the comand "find / -name 'gtk-config' -depth"
(without the double quotation marks), and read the output (that means
'find the file gtk-config begining ftom the root directory and all the
subdirectories down), you have to be root or belong to its group to have
access to the main system directories where i'm sure gtk-config is
located.

Finally, when you get the path add the following lines to your '.bashrc'
file:
  PATH=$PATH:<path to gtk-config>
  EXPORT PATH

That's it! now you can try again to install your BookBase. Maybe you'll
get another error message similar to this one but asking for the
location on glib-config, just follow the same steps described above but
for this file.

Oh! I forgot to tell, as you see i assumed that you're using the bourne
again shell (bash), default to all users in Mandrake. This actions will
enable the use of gtk-config/glib-config ONLY to the user whose
'.bashrc' file is being changed, if you want to make this path available
to all users, append the same changes in '/etc/profile' file, again
you'll need to be root or belong to its group to do this.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
SALUDOS!!!
rtriay
:)