compiling rpc and gtk

hi guys,

 Could anyone tell me how to compile a gtk C program making
use of RPC.

 In fact, I'm using RPC in a client-server based
application.
 I've an interface file named "file.x", and  obtained the
follwing files

 file_client.c
 file_server.c
 and so on.

 The client makes RPC calls to the server
 I'm thinking of providing a GUI to the client. therfore, i
have added gtk codes to the client file.

 But the problem is how to compile the client file. Will it
work?

 can I provide a GUI using gtk at all !!