Re: What means "callback function" and "signal handler" - are they DIFFERENT?

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:10:55 PST, Chris Seberino <seberino spawar navy mil>  said:
> Callback seems like a strange name since
> nothing is being called back to anywhere.

It makes more sense if you think of it like this:

1) Registering your callback is like calling your boss on the phone and
saying "Give me a call back if the package from Smith Inc shows up".

2) When the package shows up, you get a call back.....

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer