Re: memory leaks

just a quick note to point out that whether you know it or not, the
email program you are using is sending out copies of your mail in both
plain text and HTML formats. increasingly on the net, there are
filters being put in place that silently dump HTML-formatted
email. some mailing lists will not ever accept such posts. as long as
you do this, you are (1) wasting network bandwidth by sending messages
that are typically more than twice as long as they could be (2) making
it harder for people using traditional email readers to read them (3)
risking the chance that people will never see your mail because its
filtered before reaching their email inbox.

>Aahh ...but this is my problem.  I should have detailed a little more with the
> original mail.<br />
>The routine that handles switching pages is also getting the widget in the cur
>rent page prior to switching, once I have the widget I implicitly call gtk_?_d
>estroy(), this should do as stated and destroy the object.  However I am still
> seeing my application grow in size as I continually switch from one notebook
>page to another.<br />
>Any Ideas?<br />

you cannot just destroy an object that is held by a container and
expect the destroy to work. GTK objects are reference counted, and
unless you remove it from the container, it will continue to exist
until the refcnt drops to zero.

--p