threads

Hello.
I was thining on a program, and gtk_timeout is not the way to go. So i read a bit on the faq and the "api", and i couldn understand well threads on gtk/gdk/glib.
I remember some articles on linux magazine about threads, and i though they were created after a function (passing the funcion as an argument), i dont get what gdk_thread_enter/leave work, and if i can start a thread from a user signal callback. (the examples i have seen so far, start threads from the main, aoutside the gtk_main loop, and put gdk_thread_enter/leave around the gtk_main().

Is there any faq or documentation centered on it?
on the mails i read, it seemed as if everybody already understand it.

Thank you.

--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=