Re: catching unix signals from Gtk

falconer falconer best vwh net writes:
> I could open a pipe and have the unix signal handler write a
> single byte to it when there's an interrupt, and then have
> GTK attach an input handler to the output side of the pipe.

This is in general the best way to do it we've come up with.

> These all seem to be kludges to me; is there a better way to
> do it?

Another way to do it is to write a custom main loop source
that checks a flag in its prepare/check methods to see whether a
dispatch is needed. But this relies on the fact that
your signal wakes up the main loop poll() or select() with an EINTR,
and there was some issue with that which I don't remember now.

If you search the gtk-devel-list archives you can probably find at
least a little bit of discussion on the topic.

Havoc