RE: GtkEntry not accepting keyboard input (GTK+ 1.2)?

I had this same problem!
I wanna create a full window popup (modal for my applications) but it
didn't have focus...
The solution, I don't know if is elegant, but works,

I  create a window TOPLEVEL with 0x0 dimension and I atached this big
popup Window,
when I run the program, the focus came in to this little window and my
window has focus.

Good Lucky
Good Work

Success