auto repeat

Hi

Can anyone give me some pointers on implementing a form of auto-repeat...?
I've looked through the FAQ and the Tutorial, but it's only mentioned as a
"things to add later" when talking about designing custom widgets...

I don't want to add repeat to buttons or similar type widgets, but instead to
a GDK drawing area.  I have 'hotspots' in my drawing area that the user can
click in to increment a value, and I'd like to have an autorepeat so the user
doesn't wear his mouse button out....

Anyone give me any pointers...?

--
David J. Singer