Re: HELP: Compiling GTK+ Applications on UNIX

Hi,

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Paul Davis <pbd op net> writes:

> > >Note that pkg-config has some dubious "legacy hacks" in it - try
> > >"pkg-config --cflags gtk" for example.

pkg-config --libs gtk
 Package gtk was not found in the pkg-config search path.
 Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk.pc'
 No package 'gtk' found

which pkg-config
 /usr/local/bin/pkg-config

which gtk-config
 /usr/bin/gtk-config

> If you "strace -f" is there any fork/exec of gtk-config going on?

I hope you are joking here. Forking gtk-config would be a really
evil hack. If that's indeed what pkg-config does, a crash is what
you deserve.

Salut, Sven