Re: setting the font in a program using gtk 1.3.12

"K P-W" <tax41 hotmail com> writes:
> I have been trying to find out how tp set the font and the fontsize in
> my program using gtk version 1.3.12 because the standard font is
> unreadable.

This really isn't a reason to hardcode the font in your app - that
will just result in every app having a different font. What you need
to do is fix the default font on your system.

You can do this by editing etc/pango/pangox.aliases if using old-style
X fonts and etc/X11/XftConfig if using Xft fonts. Change what the
"sans" alias points to.

If your font is just too small, you have DPI set wrong on your X
server. Do "xdpyinfo" to get the current DPI. Measure your monitor
with a ruler, and put its correct size in /etc/X11/XF86Config (see
"man XF86Config" - search for DisplaySize).

Havoc