Newbie question

Aloha all-

I have just gotted GTK+ and am trying to run the "Hello World" program
presented in the tutorial.  It compiles just fine (using gcc and the
command-line parameters as specified) and the window appears when I run
the executable, but a series of identical error messages are output to
the console:

** (helloworld:28337): WARNING **: Could not load converter from EUC-KR
to UTF-8

Is this something that was done wrong in the compilation, or is there
another compiler option that I have to set?  I am using the latest
version of GTK+ and gcc version 2.95.2 on Solaris 8.

Thanks
Claus Hetzer