PHP-GTK installation problems under Linux.

Hello, everyone!
I am not sure if this is the correct mailing list for posting this but that
was the closest I found. Any help would be appreciated on something which is
probably
relatively simple. I looked in mailing lists and forums but did not
find an answer anywhere.
I've been trying to get PHP-GTK 0.5.2 to work with my PHP 4.2.3. After
successful installation from source of both apps I am trying to run
examples from the test directory on the php-gtk installation and I
always get this message:
=======================================
Warning: dl() [http://www.php.net/function.dl]: php-gtk: Unable to
initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20010901, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP    compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match
 in /usr/local/php-gtk-0.5.2-cvs/test/hello.php on line 6

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class:  gtkwindow in
/usr/local/php-gtk-0.5.2-cvs/test/hello.php on line 41

What are these API options that need to "match"? I don't understand
this - I even downloaded both apps from the CVS tree, compiled them,
everything, and it still gives me the same error.
Thank you for any ideas or advice in advance!
Roumen.