Making a gtktreeview like gtkClist

The GtkCList is now depreciated in gtk2. GtkTreeView is supposed to take
its place. However, all the examples I've seen so far do NOT address HOW
to make a Tree into a List (with column Lables and the whole bit).

Some of the docs I've looked at in the gtk2 reference hint at it using , but
no real solid example that runs as-is.

Also, how does one convert existing gtk 1.2 CList into a gtk 2.x
TreeView?

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca