Re: 30bit colordepth

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 10:31:36AM -0500, btouchet wrote:
> Unfortunately i have pretty much exhausted the time i could use to take
> a look at this, what i would like to know is how hard would it be to get
> this working correctly? What files need tweaking to set some way of
> setting gtk/gnome to respect either 8 or 10 bits per RGB?

Probably the pixbuf to/from image code (gdk/gdkpixbuf-*.c) would need
to handle the 10-10-10 RGB case. That should take care of the missing
icons. For fonts, I can't imagine why they would break if not using
Xft, so I'm not sure what needs fixing there. If using Xft, Xft is
probably what needs fixing rather than GTK. Note that most Linux
distributions are defaulting to Xft in newer releases.

Your easiest route may be: get at least one driver that people
commonly use in XFree86 to default to 10-10-10. Then the free software
community will fix the issue quickly on its own.

Havoc