Re: include question

Hi Todd,

  I am new to gtk, and I am having a problem when I #include
<gtk/gtk.h>.  I get header not found errors.  So, I noticed that the
directory was /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h.  I tried specifying
#include <gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h> which worked, then the headers that gtk.h
called were missing.

I am also somewhat of a newbie, and ran into this problem
a few days ago.  I did not want to change any of the include
statements in the (examples) code.

I create my own Makefile though, if you do, you can specify
the directories to be searched for include files.  Someone here
sent me their Makefile, which I used as a guide, and if I
remember correctly I had to specify both the GTK and GDK
include directories.

For the one error case you posted, use:

-I/usr/include/gtk-2.0

Then you can change the #include back to what it was.  Use
the same approach for any other include errors you get.
Note that I was on Win32 at the time, on LINUX I think I
just use `gtk-config -cflags` (or maybe --cflags)
See what executing the command "gtk-config -cflags" displays
on your system from the shell, you may be all set already!

Happy Holidays,  John

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf