GTK+-2.1.5 release [please test]
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+-2.1.5 release [please test]
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:36:49 -0500 (EST)
GTK+-2.1.5 is now available for download at:
This is the final prerelease before GTK+-2.2. The major
change as compared to the stable GTK+-2.0.6 is support for
multiple displays and multiple screens in GDK, although there are
numerous minor changes as well.
Changes since GTK+-2.1.3 are mostly bug fixes. Among
other things the GtkFileSel widget should work better with
non-ASCII filenames than it has in previous GTK+-2.x
* This is still a development release. Please try it out.
Please don't use it in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+-2.0. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+-2.0.9.
* GTK+-2.2 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+-2.0.x series.
* You'll need at least Pango-1.1.2 or Pango-1.0.5 for correct
* GTK+ looks for theme engines in a version dependent directory,
so you'll need to reinstall any theme engines you want to use.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
pdevelopers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+-2.0 is found at:
Overview of Changes in GTK+ 2.1.5
* GtkFileSel fixes [Owen Taylor]
- Fix ..<tab> to go up a dir [Francisco Bustamante]
- Fix UTF-8 operation, so that non-ASCII works [Kang Jeong-Hee]
- Use g_utf8_collate() not strcmp for sorting [Gregory Merchan]
* Only close dialogs on Escape if they have a cancel button. [James Willcox]
* Fix problem with resizing gnome-terminal popup [Soeren Sandmann]
* Add Home/End/Page_Up/Page_Down keybindings for menus [Owen,
Narayana Pattipati, Marius Andreiana]
* Xinerama fixes for GtkMenu [Matthias Clasen]
* Fix long-standing problem with Ami and GtkEntry [Owen, Kang Jeong-Hee]
* Documentation additions and fixes [Matthias]
* New and updated translations (am,bg,da,fr,fi,de)
* Miscellaneous bug and build fixes
Other contributors: Johan Dahlin, James Henstridge, Jon Nelson,
Bastien Nocera, Christian Reis, Arvind Samptur, Anand Subra, Simon Wong
17 December 2002
] [Thread Prev