Re: Problems with gtk-config

You should be able to use pkg-config.  The command would look like this:
pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags (or --libs if linking).

Cheers,
Michael H.

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 16:07, Nelson Perez wrote:
 Hello everyone.
   Recently I installed the latest versions of atk, pango, glib, and gtk (gtk-2.0.9) under Mandrake 9. Unfortunately, when I tried to compile and run the sample program (base.c) it gave me one error: it is reported that "gtk/gtk.h" cannot be found. Also, if I run "gtk-config --libs" and "gtk-config --cflags" the values printed are related to gtk-1.2 and not to the newest version of gtk. My question is, how to make gtk-config to see gtk-2.0.9 instead? I have spent quite a bit of time reading the FAQ's and following the procedures but still not getting it to work. Finally, I deleted all the files related to gtk-1.2. Still, if I use locate to find the file gtk.h it is still found in many different places like:

    /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h
    /usr/local/include/gtk-2.0/gtk.h
   /root/src/gtk+-2.0.9/gtk/gtk.h

is this situation normal? I have a bad feeling about this, probably I messed up during installation.

Thanks.

Add photos to your messages with
MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. _______________________________________________ gtk-list mailing list gtk-list gnome org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-list