Re: MDI In Gtk

Hi, I think the best available is gnome-mdi

   http://developer.gnome.org/arch/widgets/mdi.html

The problem is that there's no standard window look and feel, it varies with
the
user's environment. What would your app look like if a KDE user ran it, for
example? Plus many people dislike MDI, so there's been little effort to make
one
that works inthe same way as windows. In case you've not seen the arguments:

   http://pixelcentric.net/x-shame/docs.html

You'll probably be better off switching to multiple top-level windows (if
you can).

John

jdomin_2002 navegalia com wrote:
> I´m looking for a widget implementation of MDI for GTK. I´m just find a
> tiny implementation that support all widgets but windows. I need a
> widget that support a real GtkWindow not other generic widgets because
> of permit that my old code more reusable (I have some forms in my
> application and I want insert them in a MDI widget without modify the
> code).

Madame de Pompadour
Images of a Mistress

16 October 2002 - 12 January 2003