problem with check_button in notebook tab

Hi,

[gtk2+]
I've inserted a check_button in some notebook tabs, which works fine in
my linux environment, but when I ported the code to windows, the
check_button could not be set/unset and the connected tooltips didn't
appear either.
I don't have problems with check_buttons or tooltips in other places
than in the notebook tab.
Do someone know why there is this strange difference between the linux
and windows versions?
And do anyone have an idea about how I can get the functionality in
windows.

Best regards
Egon Andersen