Drag Source callbacks called twice

I am using gtk_drag_begin to start a drag and drop operation.

I have called gtk_signal_connect for "drag_get_data", "drag_end" and
"drag_data_delete".

When I perform a DND operation, each of these callbacks gets called twice
for widgets that provide native DND capabilities (e.g. for a text widget
they get called twice but for a label widget they only get called once).

I have tried calling gtk_drag_source_unset to remove any DND capabilities
already present but this has no effect.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Veronika Irvine