Re: two questions (newbie)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:59:35 +0200, Ruben Porras <nahoo82 telefonica net>  said:
> 1- How can I make my program to take root permision, you now, a text box
> asking for password....
> But I have no idea of how to make the program become root.

I am unfortunately unable to come up with a good answer here that doesn't
sound like "if you can't figure this out yourself, you shouldn't be writing
code that runs as root".

At a minimum, read Henry Spencer's very old but still applicable manpage on
writing setuid code:

http://wwwlistbox.cern.ch/earchive/hep-proj-grid-wp4-lcfg/msg00324.html

--
				Valdis Kletnieks