./configure (compiling of glib )

Hi, everybody.

I've been getting problems with Libiconv to install Glib on Freebsd 4.4.
When I put ./configure it shows me this message.

gnu# ./configure
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
checking for the BeOS... no
checking for Win32... no
checking whether to enable garbage collector friendliness... no
checking whether to disable memory pools... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for perl5... perl5
checking for indent... indent
checking for perl5... /usr/bin/perl5
checking for iconv_open... no
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
checking for iconv_open in -liconv... no
configure: error: *** No iconv() implementation found in C library or libiconv

Thanks for any kind help.

Ricardo Venancio dos Santos