Dynamic Resizing of Drawing Area

Hi,

I want to change the size of my drawing area dynamically based on the size of the image that is being shown in it. But if I declare the size initially as :

    gtk_widget_set_size_request (GTK_WIDGET (main_draw), 2400, 2400);

then, later, if i again try to set the size of the now visible drawing area using 'gtk_widget_set_size_request' then I get a Seg_Fault.

Could anyone please tell me how I can resize the drawing area at runtime. The drawing area is present inside a ScrolledWindow with a viewport (so that I can use the scroll bars for larger images, with larger drawing areas). TIA

Sandy