Re: How to run single instance of a window?

Another way is to grey out the button when the window is created and restore it when the window is destroyed.

 Ricky

Since the index has to be a global variable anyways, why not make the
window a global instead.

It starts out as NULL.  Connect the 'destroy' or 'delete_event' signal to
a function that sets the window back to NULL after destroying it.

Then, before creating a new window, check if the window is NULL.

You would have to do all this anyways for the index variable.  This
approach allows you to have one less variable in exchange for making the
window global, instead of index.

Daniel.