Context menus for GtkTreeView

I'm porting a GTK1 app that used the GtkTree widget over to GTK2, and the
shiny new GtkTreeView widget.

I've got everything working apart from a right-click context/popup menu.

The existing code attaches a callback to the "event" signal of the tree item,
and manually checks for button 3.

Is there an "approved" way to implement this in GTK 2?  Or, indeed, a way
that works :-)  I was hoping for a special-purpose signal on the view that
gives me a row back, but I can't see one.

I've been looking through the docs and the list archives and can't see an
obvious way to do this.

Thanks in advance
Dave Malcolm
(BTW I'm not subscribed to this list)