problem compiling GTK-interface combined with image prcessin lib

Hi,

I have built an interface with GTK1.2 and I am now trying to add an
image processing library. I am using  GTK1.2 on Redhat Linux 7.2 (Linux
linux-1
2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown).

The compilation stops due to a conflict in the definition of
"create_image":

GdkImlibImage* create_image            (const gchar     *filename);

The application compiles when I commetn out the definition of
"create_image" in "support.h", but that isn't a good idea I guess:

In file included from /home/qaz/standard/include/generic.h:6,
                 from ../image/ezximg.h:7,
                 from ezxlink.c:7:
/home/qaz/base/include/im_proto.h:89: conflicting types for
`create_image'support.h:33: previous declaration of `create_image'
qazlink.c:13: warning: no previous prototype for `qazlink'

When I run the application after compilation, I get the following error
when trying to read an image by using a routine of the image prcessing
library. It seem as if the "create_image" definition from GTK superceded
the one from the image processing library ?

-- ** WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: im
Can not create image, exiting!

I cannot "dump" the image prcessing library as I need it for several
operations.

Adding all necessary items to the Makefile to use the library is a bit
unclear too. I managed to get it going, but it is not easy. Merging two
Makefiles is not easy.

Best regards,

Peter