Re: Performance issues using gdk_draw_rgb_image

John,

On Thursday 25 April 2002 11:46 am, you wrote:

> Hi, gdk_draw_rgb_image() is about as quick as you can get with X. It
> does all the obvious speed tricks

Hmm. That's what I was hoping.  I was a bit concerned that it might provide
"ease of use" traded against less than optimal performance, but you've
reassured me! :-)

> I can think of a couple of reasons why 24bpp could be slower. First,
> your card is may not really be 24 bits

My card is a 3DFx Voodoo3 and  I think you're right. I think it
only accelerates in 16 bit.

I've done a bit of digging too, and it seems there are some non-card specific
performance issues with XFree86 in 24 bit mode when used with DRI...

> Not sure here. Have you tried playing with gdk_rgb_set_min_colors()?

Hmm. I'll look into that.

Thanks for your help with these issues!

--
David J. Singer